Old October 1st, 2003, 06:44 PM
rb608

Default pieces, pieces ...dumb question?

"Larry L" wrote in message
Every rod I own is two piece and I tend to think fly rods "should" come in
cool long tubes. Besides the ( for me non-existent .. I can't imagine
flying somewhere to fish ) possibility of plane rides is there any

"reason"
for a multi-piece rod ? ... functional reason

I doubt it. Ease of transport has gotta be the #1 reason all rods aren't
one big piece. There's the consideration of breakage, I suppose, in that
you only need to rebuild half a rod when you break it; but I think that's a
benefit, not a reason.

Joe F.