Old October 1st, 2003, 07:49 PM
rw

Default pieces, pieces ...dumb question?

Larry L wrote:
Every rod I own is two piece and I tend to think fly rods "should" come in
cool long tubes. Besides the ( for me non-existent .. I can't imagine
flying somewhere to fish ) possibility of plane rides is there any "reason"
for a multi-piece rod ? ... functional reason

A five-piece 8'6" rod fits comfortably in a saddle bag or a backpack.

Also, don't minimize the value of fitting the rod in carry-on luggage.
You may not ever fly to fish somewhere, but many others do.