Old August 10th, 2006, 12:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
CAINE

Default why would anyone bother with a baitcasting reel for freshwater ?

bill allemann wrote:
you seem to have a totally closed mind on the subject, so why do you bother
to ask?

bill

no not at all-

yesterday I went fishing with a large plug on this rig- it's casting
better as if the line and reel are breaking in or something- but still
not as far as my spinning rod

I'm just giving an objective view of this, that's all. Rather than
being more accurate and casting further, it is less accurate and
casting not as far as my spinning rig.

So I wanted to hear others' views, as to why they believe a baitcaster
is worthwhile. nothing more than that