Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default salt water.....

On Feb 23, 1:29*pm, "asadi" wrote:
I've never really fished any salt water, Heck I live in Ohio 12 hours from
the briny sea....

So, quite naturally I have decided delve into salt water fishing. *Now, I am
not a good trout fisherman by any means but I catch a few and my 'fun
factor' and enjoyment of the sport is right up there with anybody's, so I am
thinking, heck, why not?

I've done just a little research and know that I could fish runs and river
mouths and maybe even reefs with my 8 weight...at present I have only a
sinking tip but have a spare spool for a full sinking...

I am wondering if I should go to a 9 or 10 or even more weight and/or
investigate ...ummm....what do you call them? *"shooting heads?" *Do those
allow greater distance or greater depth?

Now, I am not asking anyone to school me or go out of their way...but a
comment *and a link would be sincerely appreciated....

...maybe I could even get an eye patch...har, har, har me maties!

john

The varieties of sal****er fishing are at least as numerous as those
of freshwater fishing.

You'll have to be more specific about what you're planning.