Old February 1st, 2010, 06:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

Default First 2010 tournament

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:27:27 -0800 (PST), Ronnie
wrote:

You will be miserable for a few days and uncomfortable for a month or
more, but I think it is worth it in the long run.

I got mine done the second of January three years ago and was going to
try to fish every day that year. My wife drove me home and I made her
go by the farm and drove right to the dock. She baited a hook for me
and I caught a bluegill - and started throwing up. Too much after the
stuff they had given me. I went home, went to bed and didn't get up
for two days - was on strong pain killers and didn't know days were
passing, really.

A month later after the cast came off I fished a tournament - Dr. said
it was ok. I set the hook on a bass on a crankbait that morning and it
hurt so badly I almost cried. Landed the fish and told my partner I
hoped I didn't catch another one!

I was surprised to find out that is the most common joint replacement
done - Basal Thumb Joint Replacement. I have met a bunch of people
who have had it done - recognize the scar!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Yea, I'm lookin forward to the time when I can look back and say,
"Boy, am I glad I had that done!". It woke me up again tonight. I
may take some codeine in a bit.

Dan