Old April 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Conan The Librarian

Default New Leader Link Competitor

Jonathan Cook wrote:

These showed up in the latest Cabela's magazine:

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/sc...king_l2l.jhtml

Not a bad idea except it'll fail because it appears they are
tying it to their own leaders (not selling the leader end
separately) -- somebody's gotten too greedy :-)

But I like the idea of a "bigger" leader link that is bouyant and
that is visible. I think that alone would be a good seller. (Maybe
someone at Eagle Claw is listening...)

I think Dave LaCourse mentioned that setup when it came out. I
remember thinking the same thing as you. (Well, I may have been a bit
more extreme in my reaction; it was more like, "That looks neat, but do
you really think this is gonna make me switch brands of leaders, you
nitwits?")

Chuck Vance