Old November 11th, 2003, 01:45 AM
WMHJ

Default Redfish spawn

I just got back home from Venice, La. last Friday. We had a great trip.
Fished three days and caught a limit of 18-24" fish two of them. On
Wednesday we got into a school of large reds at Southwest Pass. We caught
over 30 35-44" fish in just over an hour. It was incredible. The fishing
is good this Nov. Don't know how long it will last. But it has been great
so far.
Copper
"Basspro*" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the reference info. I actually have another book of Vic
Dunaway's called Baits, Rigs, and Tackle. Great book for reference of
fishing live bait. He's a great author and I'll check into the book.
On another note, do you have much success in November fishing for
redfish in LA? I've heard live bait is the way to go this time of
year, although I'm partial to artificials like Yo-Zuri's, Zara Spooks,
and Mirrolures.

"licker" wrote in message

No, I am not familiar with that book. I retrieve some of information on
what you were asking from living in Louisiana all my life. The exact
description of the spawning process came from a web site that I visit

quite
often. www.rodnreel.com Since you live in Florida there is also a site

for
Florida it is http://www.fl.rodngun.com/ From what I can tell both

links
take you back to the same information.

There is a section on fish identification. It list sal****er fish by

common
names and scientific name.

You may also want to try and get a book called Sport Fish of Florida by

Vic
Dunaway. It has some good pictures of fish and information on habitat,

food
and if it is edible. It actually covers fish in the entire Gulf of

Mexico.

I did some quick research for you and Barnes and Nobles is showing the

book
in the used category. You may also want to try these
http://www.sanibel-online.com/store/fish2.htm
http://www.weekend-sportsman.com/boo...hingSW_24.html

I hopes this helps out.

Sarge