Old July 1st, 2004, 04:00 AM
Warren

Default leader pile up

wrote...

"rw" wrote in message
m...
snakefiddler wrote:
o.k., so i can cast my line out in a nice straight line fairly

consistently,
avoiding "pile up", but my leader is piling up. i just put new leader

on
day before yesterday, and it is pretty curly. is it because of that, or

is
it related to my casting- or maybe something else? any ideas?

Carry a piece of inner tube or leather to straighten the leader.

i like that idea

You shouldn't because it is the *worst* thing to do IMO. You can
pull the leader straight using just enough force to not break the
leader/tippet. You then slowly release the tension on the
leader/tippet and it will straighten. You may have to actually try
it to believe it.... I was really skeptical at first until I saw it
done and then did it myself. It works way better than the old inner
tube/leather trick because it doesn't abrade the leader/tippet IME.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt on earthNOSPAMlink dot net to respond via email)