Old July 25th, 2007, 02:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
MoiMoi

Default Nothing stings like a hook in the hand.

Actually, there ARE things that can "sting" worse than a hook in the
hand...

When I was a kid, on a party fishing boat, we were out of cut bait and
the snapper/grouper were eating that better than the squid we had left.
So we were filetting some trigger fish we'd normally have thrown back
(NOT an easy clean if you've ever done it).

I somehow got my little finger in one's mouth (maybe 7-8 pounder) and
when he clamped down I instinctively slung my hand to get free. It
peeled off the tip of my finger to the bone. Got it stiched back on a
good many hours later and was able to keep it.

This was long before people went trigger fishing on purpose. They ARE
really tasty, but hard to clean. MUCH harder the way I did it that day
:-))

MM