Old December 26th, 2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

Default Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

On Dec 26, 11:22 pm, rw wrote:
Mike wrote:
On Dec 26, 10:31 pm, jeff wrote:

there was nothing in your post that required or even invited a negative
comment, imo. i read it and appreciated it. thanks.

jeff

Iīll second that.

Although I would have to be rich to fish in Idaho!

MC

The book has a American-centric theme. North America is probably
over-represented, and the travel information is geared to the American
angler. But it touches on all the fantasy destinations that come up in
ROFF: Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, etc. The most intriguing one, which
I'll read next, is Zambia: Tiger Fish on the Zambezi River. :-)

You wouldn't have to be rich to fish in Idaho if you lived in Idaho,
Mike. Gas would be your biggest cost, so share the ride (but not with
LaCourse). :-)

I like reading or hearing about fishing anywhere. Most of the places I
hear about I will never fish and to be honest I donīt really want to.
I never did. I always tried to make the most of the opportunities I
had. I have been quite successful in that, and have nothing to
complain about. I am not envious of others who can do these things,
and it is basically irrelevant that I canīt, or donīt want to, I am
merely happy for them, that they enjoy it so much. I always was happy
for people who enjoyed their fishing.

As it turns out, I will not be doing much more fishing anyway, either
here or anywhere else. Force of circumstance. Just how it is.

One thing that all the nastiness and silliness can not take away, is
your love and enjoyment of fishing, so I would not be overly worried
what anybody here might say. It wont affect that at all.

TL
MC