Old December 27th, 2007, 02:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

Default Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

On Dec 26, 11:12*am, rw wrote:
I received this book as a Christmas present. Naturally, I first had to
see how many of the places I've already fished:

Alaska -- Bristol Bay: Rainbow Trout and Silver Salmon Around Bristol Bay

California: Brown and Rainbow Trout Around Greater Redding

Florida: Permit off the Florida Keys
(Didn't catch a permit, or much of anything)

Idaho -- Last Chance: Rainbow Trout on the Henry's Fork

Idaho -- Stanley: Cutthroat Trout on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River

Kiribati: Giant Trevally Off Christmas Island
(Didn't catch a Giant Trevally, but lots of Bonefish)

Montana -- Fort Smith: Brown and Rainbow Trout on the Bighorn River

Wyoming: Brown and Rainbow Trout on the Firehole River
(It was too warm for decent fishing)

Wyoming and Montana: Brown and Rainbow Trout on the Madison River

Only 41 more to go! Too little time left. :-)

On the top of my wish list is Seychelles Islands: Bonefish on
St.François Lagoon.

Here's a list of all 50 places.
http://www.meosphere.com/User/WhatIt...&InfoID=231234

I checked it out of the library a couple of years ago. Nice pictures.
The author writes books on were the best 50 places to do lots of
things, play golf, watch birds, eat hamburgers etc. etc.
I was not and am still not convinced that he knows much about
fishing.
Roff could come with a list of the 50 best places to fly fish that
would be just as valid.
I think there is a calendar on this same theme but not a many places.
I can't fault the author, he's got a good scam. He gets to travel
take pictures ( I don't think he takes them all), fish play golf,
watch birds etc.