Old July 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM
David Reed

Default hooking up accessories to jon boat

One thing to keep in mind is that a trolling motor will likely offer
up some interference to your fish finder when they are both plugged
into the same battery. I can lower the sensitivity on my fishfinder
to counter the interference but it is a hassle since you have to go
over to it and tweak it by using the menus...

I am tempted to power it off of the starter battery for the
outboard.... Maybe I just need a new boat!!!! Yeah... that's it!

"Todd Copeland" wrote in message nk.net...
Using a "box" is usually just so all the fuses/breakers are in one spot.
Either way, all the devices hook up to the battery directly. You should be
fine just running each set of wires to the battery directly. Just make sure
your using a deep cycle battery.

"Chris" wrote in message
I have a 14' jon and am going to be hooking up a trolling motor,
fishfinder and lights to a single battery.

My question is, is it ok to hook up all the power wires directly to
the battery or do you recommend running power to a box of some sort
and then connecting everything there?

Or any other suggestions are welcome.