Old April 14th, 2007, 05:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Default Cat fishing tonight

johnval1 wrote:
"Rodney Long" wrote in message Another shot

Great fish Rodney. By the looks of your face in the second shot, that cat
whupped your butt.

Yep,, about half way through, I remembered to place the rod butt against
my belt, this greatly reduced the hand and wrist strain I had when
trying to fight it holding the load with just my hand. I would have been
in trouble if it was a pistol grip rod. My right had had given out after
20 min. I was about to hand the rod over to my son, when I remembered my
salt water fighting technique, of course my son was very disappointed
when I told him I could now handle it :-)

The plan was that any cat that hit the 9 year old grand daughter was to
fight them, when this one took off on the first long run , I asked my
son if we should wake her up, and hand her the rod,, he said NO ! she
wouldn't handle this one on that small 2500 Daiwa Crossfire.

When we salt water fish with her, she has a reel with 500 yds of 8#, we
scale set her drag at 5#, since she weighs so little, we don't want a
fish taking the rod out of her hand, or pulling her in. She has landed a
36# bull red on that rig, two over 30# on that single day when she was
just 6, it took her over an hour on each of them, now she was whipped ,
she begged either one of us to take the rod from her, of course we
wouldn't :-) We couldn't believe she wanted to land another one after
her 2 hour rest from the first

here are her fish that day

8# can land a big fish if you have plenty of it, and no possible snags

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2redfish1.jpg
Views:	599