Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Willi

Default Walleye on a fly?

GregP wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:29:54 GMT, "oldgoat"
wrote:

Anybody gone after walleye on a fly rod. Plannint to try my hand at some
pike fishing on the fly, yea I know it sounds like fun. Figured while I was
at it I might try to catch a few walleye. Always used spinning gear and
jigs. Any of you guys tried them on a fly rod. If so how? Thanks

Your best bet would be in the spring, when they come into
shallower water to spawn. Otherwise you will have to dredge
for them and even then you are not likely to reach them in
deeper lakes.

Or you could fish at night. They come into shallow water at night and
feed aggressively. The hard part is finding the shallow water feeding areas.

Willi