Old January 20th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Jim (Bear) Peterson

Default Head cement

On 18 Jan 2004 22:25:02 GMT, (Lat705) wrote:

"Hard as Nails" may be the most popular US head cement.

\Lou T

Most likely that's due to that brand being recomended in several books
on flytying rather than it being better suited for flytying than any
other brand,, I have a few nymph patterns that call for applying
cement to the entire body, on those I've been using a nail polish I
picked up a a Sally's beuauty supply shop, it's clear with a very fine
prismatic dust supended in it, was trying a nymph treated with that
along with one with plain clear on droppers behind a foam bug,, the
fish seemed to like the one with the little sparkles better,, but then
it may have just been that dropper was in the right place and the
plain one wasn't,, I need to get out and do a bunch more testing,

Bear
send any e-mail to

but first me remove OLD from this yahoo addy,

please check out my better half's on-line projects
www.amazon.com/shops/inland_canal_general_store
www.cafeshops.com/everythinggoes
www.keen.com/Dawn+777