Old January 28th, 2004, 02:41 AM
go-bassn

Default champion vs lund (renamed post)

There's a difference between a running boat and a drifting boat obviously.
Champion is know as one of the best boats to use in "big" waters, at least
among bass boats.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Crownliner" wrote in message
i was under the impression the lund was supposed to be the ultimate rough
water boat. the wind factor though is one i have considered. it would be

drifting machine in a stiff breeze.

never used a drift sock, but on a big school of hybrids we will pitch an
anchor once in a while. that is one of the worst times in the champion.
man talk about bobbing in the waves. enough to make a guy seasick.

peace
crownliner
"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...
That fiberglass will save your life one day too! I'd hate to be in a tin
boat trying to cut through some of those bad waves... Sure, it can be

done
but I just feel safer in the fiberglass. Plus, you'll really get blown

all
over the lake with high sides. Maybe a couple of drift socks though,

will
hold you enough.

Guess no-one makes a striper boat, but Jim Duckworth here in Tennessee

makes
his own. www.jimduckworth.com

"Crownliner" wrote in message
well i don't know. i fish 75% of the time for hybrid striper in the

middle
of the lake on some awful windy days. the champion is great when

running
through the waves, but suffers a little from spray when just sitting.

i don't tournament fish anymore for bass, hardly bass fish outside of
winter, and have a '96 champion i am thinking about selling. the lund

want is about 34k which is about the same as a new bass boat, but has

few
features i really want like bait wells, and high sides.

i may or may not, go for it. i was a little disapointed in what the

dealer
offered for the champion and may just keep it. it has brought a lot

of
fish
over the side, and i only guide about 10 trips a year now, all repeat

guys
who don't care about the boat as long as we catch fish.

crownliner
"Charles B. Summers" charles-summers@(comcast)(dot)(net) wrote in

message
Giving up a Champion for a tin (?) boat??? Say it aint so!

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
"Crownliner" wrote in message
snip
speaking of
which i am thinking of selling my champion and buying a lund pro

v.
anyone
ever fish from one? if so how did you like it compared to a bass

boat?

peace
crownliner