Old April 4th, 2006, 03:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default feathers and tying flys with them

Richard Herr Harder wrote in news:rhh-2D84E0.22203703042006
@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

In article ,
"Don Phillipson" wrote:

"edventures" wrote in message
oups.com...

newbe question number one , I have a snow goose just shoot this
spring and would like to ty some flys with it the feathers i am green
as can be can any one help- point me in a direction I not sure which
feathers to keep or what kind of flys are possible to ty with them

Goose is
seldom used and white is of all colours the least used.

WTF are you thinking? What are the top 10 flies for trout? I bet the
prince nymph is one. Its main components are brown goose biots and
white goose biots.

So, you found a use for the trailing edge of the primaries, two of which
should give him nearly a lifetime supply of biots.

Now, what does he do with the rest of the goose?
--
Scott
Reverse name to reply