Old April 21st, 2008, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Um, Ken...DANGER, FRED ROBINSON, DANGER!!!

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:21:46 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

IAC, while I suspect that your response means "yeah, I saw it...them
mean old reporters were just playin' politics as usual....," did you see
"Meet The Press?"

Nope, that's one I don't watch. We watch "Sunday Morning" on CBS
from 8:00 to 9:30 then Bob Schieffer til 10:00, ABC/Stephenopolous
from 10:00 to 11:00 then the last hour of CNN/Wolf Blitzer.

David Brooks had a puerile piece in the Times last week trumpeting
Obama's "downfall". I imagine he's spouting the same drivel on TV.

I didn't see the piece, but there was a mention of something that must
have been that.

IAC, the others, including your beloved NPR, apparently spouted the same
puerile drivel...if by puerile drivel you mean pointing out that Obama
ain't all that special after all - he is a snot-nosed kid with
more-than-average charm who has his good points and his bad, and that at
the end of the day, he's just another good, but rookie, politician. IOW,
he's as full of **** as any, and if he doesn't flame out, he'll
eventually be able to sling it as well as any...

OTOH, if by "puerile drivel" you mean a fawning admiration of Obama as a
"can do no wrong" bright shining light who, if elected POTUS, will make
everything perfect 14 seconds after taking office, and with whom many
are ****-scared of coming off as "racist" with or about, naw, none of
that drivel...

If you are interested in opinions that aren't "Rah-Rah-bama," you might
look around for a transcript - I'm gonna look up the Brooks' piece.

TC,