Old July 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Any Swift River Irregulars out there?

On Jul 12, 4:28 pm, daytripper wrote:
What's going on with the Swift the last few days? Anyone been out this week?

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ma/nwis/uv?01175500

Have they been turning off the bubbler during prime time?

/daytripper (Hey Timmaaay! You 'bout ready to fish?)

They are doing repairs on the dam, and have been dropping the water
from 8:00 to 3:00 while they are working on it. It was scheduled to be
completed on Thursday, but there was a major screw up, and much of the
work had to be done over. I spoke with a guy on the work crew, and he
said they would be done on Friday, but I wouldn't bank on it. Fishing
generally has been good.....some sulphurs, but not a lot of surface
feeding. Nymphs working well, but thins tend to be pretty slow. Plenty
of fish, both up and downstream.