Old March 28th, 2011, 05:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default Peacock herl

On 2011-03-28 11:49:36 -0400, Frank Reid � 2010 said:

On Mar 27, 4:29Â*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:
I'm tying up some flies and I need a peacock herl rope. Â*I dislike
making my own (spinning/twisting the herl onto either thread or wire).

Â*
Someone on this group recently referred to some store-bought peacock
rope. Â*I've googled and can't find it. Â*Any help would be appreciated

.

Dave

If you used a Norvise, you would have the appropriate tool to make
this quickly and efficiently instead of spending hours on-line trying
to purchase premade.
:-)
Frank Reid
(stickin' it to the Renzetti snobs every chance he gets)

d;o) Have both, Frank. The Norvise is permanently attached to my fly
tying station, and I use the Renzetti for traveling. Regardless, I
still have to make the rope and I just do not like to do it. But, just
for you, I will acquiesce and try it on the Norvise. I'll get some new
herl too. The stuff I have looks good, but breaks too often. Fly
tying is supposed to be fun.

Dave
(Third day stuck on the mountain within the clouds. It isn't raining
in the valley, but there has been a constant mist up here for the past
two days. Neat, really.)