Old February 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
joe

Default Ga offshore/inshore

In article ,
"Joe" wrote:

Im planning a South Georga fishing trip in the Sapelo Sound area for
sometime around March 12. Anybody got any ideas on what might be biting?

Inshore you can find trout and redfish as in most coastal areas. You
should look to creeks where water is warmer and areas that warm more
quickly as the sun rises.

Nearshore there is a large shark population. Not sure when the shrimpers
run year round but if they are running and you pull into the wash behind
one and anchor up you will see more sharks than you can count. A
menhaden under a float will get you a nearly instant hookup. Not
uncommon to find sharks to 8 feet. The black tips are a blast and will
usually jump at least once. Great sport as they pull like tanks.

I don't target sheepshead so I am not sure the season but I think that
they are less likley to move away due to temperature.

Tarpon will probably not show up until June and the fall is the time to
fish for bull reds off the sandbars.

Good Fishin'
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb