Old December 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Default waterboarding

"JR" wrote in message
Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:
"JR" wrote
wrote:

...and it's effective, too...

Yeah? How do you know?

I believe Richard was correcting the ROFF's own Theo-Neocon's grammar.

I got that, Op.

My apologies. I should have known a fine and erudite gentleman, such as
yourself, might have interpreted Richard's post differently than than I had.
:~^ )

Way I read it, though, after correcting Dave, he went on to say the
technique itself was effective.

I read it as Richard was making a statement about the meaning of
"affective." In that he had no doubt that waterboarding would elicit some
sort of emotional response from the victim. Then concluded by settin' Davie
straight with his "...and it's effective, too..." comment, though I have
been known to be wrong on numerous occasions :~^ (

Richard, if that's what you meant, how do you know?

Yeah, what JR said.

Op