Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Patrick

Default Suspended Fish

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:08:09 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

On 3/5/2011 1:26 PM, patrick wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:52:34 +0000, robiinjakson wrote:

Small jigs, worms and skills to work slower. Suspended bass usually do
not waste a lot of energy chasing the lure of fast moving! The strike
will be Suttle, so light line, see your line of action is the key link
window.

I wonder what the best way to vertical jig is, down 25 feet in this
situation ? Probably need 1/2 to 1 oz. weight depending on wave
height. Squeeze on 1/2 oz. rubber core weight about three feet up from
the hook and add weight later if needed is my best guess.

Try heavy stuff like that first I suppose. It will get down to the
strike zone faster, but if it doesn't work be prepared to fish light
slow falling stuff and take your time.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Tournament Director
www.YumaProAm.com

Sounds like 1/32 oz. crappie jig and minnow or redworm with
six pound line then. Pinkie too was always small and reliable.