Old December 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Adams question

riverman wrote:
When wrapping the hackle, do you find any difference between wrapping
the two colored hackles separately, or at once?

And when did my thumbs get so damn big???

--riverman

I'm sure you've gotten some good advice, but the *real* solution is to get
yourself a grade-a cree neck and just use that...

OK, I don't have, nor have I ever seen a really nice cree neck. But, I have
a really nice golden grizzly (dyed) neck I that I use. Golden brown and
black barred feathers. I think that "two different colored hackles" stuff
is too fussy.
--
Stan Gula
near 'nuff is good 'nuff