Old December 30th, 2008, 03:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Cabela's

On Dec 29, 6:27*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:
A friend and I drove up to Scarborough, Maine today to visit the
Cabelas that opened this year. *First time in a Cabelas, and I was
impressed with the prices. *They have got to be chomping on LL Bean's
profit margin. *I was looking for a good dry bag to take on an
upcoming trip, but couldn't find one I liked. *

We spent about an hour looking at shotguns and pistols. *I've been
looking at buying a S&W 9mm, but I was suprised to find the price a
bit high, or at least a little higher than I can get for the same
weapon here in Taxachusetts.

Mike left with a gun cleaning pad and pistol bag to carry his "****"
in when he goes to the local club to shoot, and I bought four big
Wooly Buggers. *I also checked out a couple of Loomis fly rods.

We ate lunch at the Portland Pie Co. *If you ever get a chance to
visit this franchise, order the Deer Island - *stacked honey ham with
tom and let, sweet peppers, honey mustard, and melted cheese on top.
Best damn sandwhich I've ever had. *Washed down with a Shipyard Ale.

Dave

I stopped in, for the first time in a Cabelas, at the new store in St.
Louis 2 weeks ago while on the road. Talked with Dave, a very
knowledgeable fly fisher. Prices seemed lower than Bass Pro for tying
material. I will visit the Cabelas north of Fort Worth in a couple of
weeks. Although I purchase alot at Bass Pro, most of my tying stuff is
from Barlows Tackle in Richarson, TX just a couple of miles from home
with a giant selection of quality stuff. No wing burners though.

Take a look at the Taurus 9mm. A pretty good mid price range pistol.
But check the S&W 45 out if you decide on a S&W...a nice piece of
equipment. Maybe my next.

No Portland Pie Co.'s in TX.

Guy