Old December 30th, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Cabela's

On Dec 30, 8:07*am, rb608 wrote:
On Dec 30, 7:47*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

That being said, I prefer Cabelas even though the guy at Bass
Pro is more knowledgeable. *Its like the difference between Walmart
and Target.

My subjective feeling is sorta the same. *The BPS here is a nice store
and has lots of cool stuff; but I just can't get past the bass
fisherman impression. * I just won't buy or wear anything from there
with BPS on it to avoid being thought a devotee of that "pro" sport,
and the bubbas on barstools stereotype that goes with it. *I can get
the same stuff elsewhere anyhow.

My intro to Cabelas OTOH was through their catalog as a teenager, and
though I'm not outdoorsman enough to utilize most of their stuff, I've
always enjoyed the browsing. *I guess it comes down to first
impressions.

The only other similar "outdoors" store around here is Gander Mountain
outside York, PA. *Last time I was there, they had a terriffic fly
tying inventory; but I caught a sale so good it made me wonder if it
wasn't a clearance sale on that department.

Joe F.

Bubbas on barstool is bad, but supporting an organization that
blantely supported the soon to be gone kleptocracy is unforgivable.
The hypocritical *******s make their fortunes from the outdoors yet
they support the regiem that had done more harm to the environmet that
any in history. If I am going to buy **** from China I'll buy it from
BP, Dicks, Fishermans MArine Supply or any other outfit that keeps
their politics to themselves. Screw Cabelas, Cheney and the whole
f___ing bunch. I was catching fish and haveing a good time long
before I ever heard of them, I can continue to do so.