Old September 25th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Thundercat

Default Price of Fishing Reels

"Dark Knight" wrote in message
Morning Folks,

Kind of an impromptu survey...

A) What is the most that you would spend for a fishing reel?

I probably wouldn't go much over $500 for a reel but on average I'd say
between $150 and $250

B) Do you personally believe that price and quality go hand-in-hand?

(i.e.
Would you expect a $500 reel to be superior to a $100 reel?)

I would say that it all depends on what you are expecting to get out of the
reel. A $500 reel ain't goin' ta make ya catch fish any better but it will
sure feel nice while you are trying. While a quality $100 reel might not
"feel" as refined, it will sure do a good job and last you a lifetime with
regular maintenance. Kind of like choosing between a Nissan Maxima and an
Infinity G35.

DK

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat