Old November 30th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Batteries - Again - Ad Naseum

No,, it looks to me like they are sacrificing some of the acid volume, and
maybe going to an impregnated fiber to hold it like in the Minn Kota
batteries.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Acee" wrote in message
I have had very good performance and value from Die Hard and Delco

batteries
both in auto use and boat use for trolling and starting. In my opinion
lighter is not a good attribute to judge batteries for quality and
performance. My concern is that it is plate quality that is being
sacrificed which I suspect is the major mass of a battery. I could use

some
up dating on that thought though.
Al C

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I had the starting battery come up dead on me yesterday when I went out

on
the river.
snip
Now, the hard question. Does anybody know of a better battery that is
lighter for the capacity?
snip