Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:19 AM
Bob La Londe

Default Batteries - Again - Ad Naseum

"SHREDİ" wrote in message
news:%6ezb.26328$Bk1.17013@fed1read05...
Bob La Londe wrote:
I had the starting battery come up dead on me yesterday when I went
out on the river. I will replace it of course, but I figured I
wanted to replace my trolling motor batteries at the same time.

My partner for ABA (Hammer) uses a battery in his boat that is
lighter than a regular battery for its size. I think it is made by
Interstate. Does anybody know what battery that is?

Now, the hard question. Does anybody know of a better battery that is
lighter for the capacity?

I do not like Interstate. I used to use their gell cells for my alarm
company, and they were the worst batteries with the highest failure
rate of any battery I have used. I have also had a pretty high
failure rate / short service life with their batteries in my service
trucks.

What about these Bob?

http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/index.html

Yep, those are the ones Hammer runs in his Nitro.

I have Delco Deep cycles in mine, and the seem to work pretty good. I'm
going to try the Minn Kotas in my tin boat I'm getting for a backup.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az