Old May 8th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Feeding and attracting wild shiners?

"Dwayne E. Cooper" wrote in message 3. Use a 10' cast net and toss out.
It takes a long
time to get this down right... Practice like crazy before hand bc you
have to make your 1st cast count!

Check Local regs before using any cast net. 3' radius (6' diameter) is the
largets legal cast net for use in Arizona, and I'm pretty sure they aren't
allowed in California at all.

OR

3. To catch by pole: Boil up some spaghetti and roll it in the
smallest of balls (no bigger than 3/16th of an inch in diameter). Put
it on the smallest of long shank hooks...I'm thinking at least a #14
or #16...smaller if you can find em'... Use a long crappie rod

Again check your local regs. Many states limit the number of hooks you can
use. I have seen guys doing this with pole that have fifteen or twenty
hooks. While effective only two are allowed in Arizona. Check your local
regs.