Old January 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Pat_RI

Yeah I guess I shouldn't make conclusions if I have never tried it. I tend
to use shorter rods my largest is a 6'6" Avid but I use it for worms and
jigging. I usually stick to rods closer to 6 foot. I guess it is just a
matter of practice.
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Pat_RI" wrote in message
Thanks for the info I already use an Avid for worms and jigs. I really
don't throw spinnerbaits much but will start throwing them more this

year.
Won't a shorter rod equal better accuracy when trying to get them into
tight spots?

I don't really think so. My favorite spinnerbait rod is a 7'10" extra

fast
action flippin stick and I get my lures wherever they need to go. It's

just
a matter of getting used to it.

I know one gentleman that always used to fish a short rod when working

Zara
Spooks. I showed him how I work them with a 7 foot rod, he tried it and I
ended up building him a 7 foot rod.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com