Old March 29th, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default Tying in sunlight

wrote

If I may suggest: get one of the fixtures I mentioned, such as the ones
from Home Depot/Lowe's. The ones I have as chart/galley/etc. (at around
15.00USD) would be particularly suited, IMO. They are the flex-shaft,
"bullethead" types that can be used as a table lamp or a mounted
fixture. They take standard MR-16 bulbs and so, you can use a Solux
for, IIRC, about 10.00USD. Heck, keep the bulb that comes with it for
general lighting around the camper. Lose the transformer on the
fixture, and you'll not even need to go through the inverter (hey,
you'll even gain a little efficiency). I've been happy with the
fixtures in a marine setting, so unless you're slamming it around, it
oughta do ya. Heck, any light that'll take a MR-16 will take the Solux,
so there are LOTS of choices out there.

I have a Home Depot/Lowe's honey-do trip soon ... I'll look .