Old November 17th, 2005, 05:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

wrote:

I think the safe answer would be for me to just say that it's easy to
prevent some of the suffering of fish by telling people the relatively
simple way to prevent, or at least reduce the suffering, or by creating
the appropriate regulations. It's worth a shot anyway. It's pretty fast
cheap to just post a message here, and I think it's worth the trouble
even if you can't compare the fish problem to the human problem. An
equivalent effort in time and money to help people in Iraq, by myself
or by the government, wouldn't do very much.

I think every fisherman should be required to carry, and to use, a
battery-powered bass-o-matic. Works for trout, too.