Old May 31st, 2011, 12:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default A rare opportunity...

On 2011-05-30 04:46:00 -0400, riverman said:

Sorry I missed your post. Yeah, Mongolia is pretty far away, so it
takes a bit to get there. The best flights connect through Seoul, so
you can break up the flight with a shower and a nap or even a few days
checking out the sights (SK is not NK), and you can get the price down
if you buy the tickets separately (ATL-ICN (Seoul)) is $1900, ICN-ULN
is about $600. *The onriver part is about $4.5K, so the total is near
$7-8K, not $10. But the fishing...omfg...20 pound taimen (lol, my
spellcheck keeps changing it to 'taxmen') slamming giant gurglers, 24
inch lennok taking dries, big greyling slamming streamers. The $4.5K
includes all in-country transport, rafts, food, tents, guide, etc. If
you're a canoeman, the price can come down considerably from there if
we do a canoe trip (it requires fewer guides, since the clients take
their own boats).

Unlike Kamchatka, this is more hospitable...the river is class 2, the
camps are spacious, and the scenery is pristine. Check out the
outfitters page:www.fishmongolia.com

I'm booked for July 1-10, then hopefully the following week for a
canoe trip. :-)))))))

Hope you have a good time. *Sounds like quite the trip. *I see from the
site that they have camels. *It would be worth the trip to see Jeffy
and wayno on a camel. *The thought boggles my mind (if I had one). *
Good luck.

Dave

Not to seem perverse or anything, but seeing a camel on jeffie and
wayno would doubtless be even more interesting.

g.
and, no, you don't.....ipso fatso.