Old August 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM posted to alt.global-warming,rec.outdoors.fishing
Michael Dobony

Default AGW-denier fishermen should read this (mercury & coal plants)

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:50:11 GMT, GregS wrote:

In article , "E.A." wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/..._contamination

Quote: "The main source of mercury to most of the streams tested,
according to the researchers, is emissions from coal-fired power
plants. The mercury released from smokestacks here and abroad rains
down into waterways, where natural processes convert it into
methylmercury =97 a form that allows the toxin to wind its way up the
food chain into fish."

My local power plant is down on emissions by 85% of a few years ago.
They now have technology to get close to 100%

They also have technology to provide hydro power in rivers.
Many miles of local rivers have zero hydro plants here.
http://www.hydrogreenenergy.com/technology.html

We are still putting PCB's in rivers everywhere.
Its going to stay.

I think we need to paint all roads with sun reflecting
coatings, and all roofs too. That and MORE plants, would reduce sun heating
by a huge amount.

Oh, but didn't you know that the sun's input has nothing to do with
climate, according to those whose globes are warming do to going into
overdrive attempting to justify GW against the facts and laws of physics.

There is also technology to produce oil from coal with less harmfull effects.