Old October 18th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Greg LaPorta

Default Fly Fishing Rochester NY

Well, ive posted here a couple of times, and i probably bugged the hell outta
all of you by asking so many damn questions about fly fishing. Well, i bought
a pole, bought a video, and ive been fly fishing for the last week or so, and
im doing good actually. I havent caught anything yet, but that usually doesnt
matter to me. I like to go to Irondequoit creek (even though theres way more
salmon then trout in there), and its very pretty there. So if i dont catch
anything, its always a fun day on the creek. But heres what I have to ask.
Does depth have anything to do with fly fishing. Ive been thinking, and id
guess that if your trying to fly fish in like 10 feet of water, you wouldnt get
anything, simply becuse if the fish are down lower, they either cant see or
just wouldnt come up for a fly. So I guess my overall question would be how
low are the fish swimming in this time of year? And also, Has anyone ever
heard of places like Oak Orchard Creek, Johnson Creek, Oatka Creek, and
Irondequoit Creek? Any info on the fishing there would be great for me.
Thanks for any help. My IM is DMBphish1234 so if you could IM me or else just
post on here, thatd be awesome. Sorry for the long post.

----
Greg

"Dont Lose the dreams inside your head, theyre only there until your dead"--
DMB