Old May 27th, 2005, 07:24 AM
rw

mexflyfish wrote:

Can someone refer me to a good knot page?

Specifically, I wish to learn an appropriate knot for tying fly line
onto 20 lb. backing on a Tibor Riptide.

Thanks!!!

A nail knot or a needle knot would do. An Albright knot is easier, but
bulkier. I think the best system is a whipped loop in the flyline,
combined with a large loop in the backing (tied with a Bimini Twist, for
example). The backing loop should be large enough to pass the reel
through. Then you can change flylines without retying.

Do you really expect to get into the backing? :-)