Old June 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Default Health check

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Russell D. wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
I check in on Facebook ROFF from time to time, but have a much
harder time
following the discussions in that format vs. the Usenet threaded
format. It
would be nice if FB would have viewing options, such as a threaded
view, to
make navigation easier. The ability to start with a collapsed view
and then
expand or ignore threads accordingly is sorely missed - by me,
anyway.

I agree, Tim. Facebook is rather awkward.

Usenet has been around a long time now and I can understand how folks
are used to it.

I guess I'm showing my geezerhood but I remember thinking Usenet was
awkward. There was UUCP and VAX Notes and several other discussion
formats which were better than Usenet but Usenet used NNTP and TCP/IP
so it prevailed. It was much easier to administer than the other,
arguably better, formats.

What I'm saying is, I know what it's like to get used to something
and then being forced to move on. It's happened before and if I live
long enough it'll happen again. No biggy.

It's not about you; it's about me.
.... and you can't make me use that freakin' Twitter crap, either.
--
TL,
Tim