Old July 21st, 2005, 04:40 AM
Just a Farter

The best way that i have found to use liver is to start off with the
freshest liver you can get your hands on.

For me that means thay are still warm outta the chicken,

Then i take them & lay em out on a strainer/drainer & apply a heavy dose
of garlic&salt garlic salt will work,,but i like more garlic than salt.

Let them sit out at room temp until thay are dry to the touch,then put
them in the freezer as is until froze. Take them out & put into ziplock
bag's or another small container,,, A small butter tub works very good
for this, so does a sour cream tub,, anything like that will work.

I put about a dozen to each tub, ( Most of the time i have more than
just garlic.salt or garlic&salt flavoured livers w/me )

Write on lid ,,contents & flavor

OK, now its time to get ready for fishing trip,

Take a cooler & put layer of ice on the bottom,& rock salt, put a layer
of livertubs ,,, add another layer of ice,,then rock salt ,,keep adding
till you think you have enough for fishing trip.

Get to fishing spot,,,but before getting to fishing hole,,take out a
tub of livers & let half way thaw out,, put halffrozein liver on hook,
cast out & be ready to grab rod ;-)

When tub gets down to a few livers,,take out another tub,,,never let
liver be come totally thawed out. Half frozein work's very good for
me.

( You only haft to run hook through liver once & turn point up into the
liver,once it hits water it will unthaw all the way & be on hook
good,,by the time you haft to reel in to check bait,,,'if you aint
caught a fish yet' you might have a slight problem casting it back
out,if so, just reel in & put new bait on,,)

Sorry for such a long post,,had to make sure yall understand vbg

Catfish Willie