Old December 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default OT has to happen all the time. I guess

Tim J. wrote:

rw typed:

Zimbo wrote:

On Dec 19, 4:22 pm, "Larry L" wrote:

Being a bit "cell phone conscious" lately I really noticed the
number of people with the damn things stuck to their ears as they
whipped through lanes of traffic, eager to save, maybe, a second or
two.

One time I was out fly fishing and--I swear I'm not making this up--
took a call from RDean. Fortunately, I was able to continue casting
with my right hand while my left hand held the cell phone up to my
ear or someone might have been seriously injured. I did have to put
RDean momentarily on hold a couple of times while I released fish
back to the water but he probably didn't notice.

You should have declined the call and blocked all further ones.

I've never received a call from RDean, but if I ever do he'll get an
earful.

I'm sure he'll stay on the line and listen to the entire rant. I know *I*
would!

I've had the pleasure of taking a call from rdean, and it's one I very much
appreciated.

likewise...i received an unexpected call at my office and had a pleasant
chat with aruhdean. i've also tele'd with zimbo...and, hell, i recall
driving back from penns one year when that "fish thief" makela called my
cell phone (actually my wife's, loaned to me for the trip) as he was
standing in penns releasing the 24" brown in miller's run that i tried
to catch for more than 3 hours the day before... no telling how many
other drivers and pedestrians were placed in jeopardy during that call.
can't remember if i had my seatbelt on...

jeff