Old July 3rd, 2004, 09:37 PM
joe

Default Question About Fluorocarbon Fishing Line & "Leader."

In article et,
"Calif Bill" wrote:

Leader material is normally stiffer than fishing line. And from my fishing
friends, they say avoid Vanish. Breaks a lot. And not at the knots. I use
Izorline hybrid on reels, and Seaguar 100% Flourcarbon for leader material.

That has been my experience also. I could not vouch for the difference
(maybe contact Berkley) but even though Vanish is fluorocarbon is does
not work as leader. However, I think I recall that there is a Vanish
that is labeled as leader material. I typically use Seaguar as Calif
Bill notes.

good fishin'

atljoe
--