Old October 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default hazel creek entry bridge

Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:
jeff wrote:

some folks who have been over to hazel creek probably never saw this
bridge. we usually motor over it as its typically under 4-6 feet of
water. because of the drought in western nc, the lake is far below
normal levels...

Those flows in the stream shots are REALLY low. Gonna be tough on the
fish if you don't get some moisture.

Willi

i think they have already been affected. i fished hazel about a week
before danl and i fished it together. did reasonably well, catching
plenty of the usual 9" rainbow on dries, though only in the faster and
deeper waters. when danl and i returned, water was lower (lake had
dropped at least 5 more feet on the shore where we tied up near hazel)
and warmer. we did poorly on the catching, though danl managed a nice
10" rainbow near the end of the day.

i didn't fish as much this trip...but i didn't catch as many fish as i
normally do either. during the last 3 days of the trip i didn't fish at
all because of the stream levels...other than my traditional end of the
vacation 10 minute fishing venture in the deep hole behind the cabin.

it's always a pretty place to be though...as charlie's photos attest. he
was supposed to take some from the top of the cherohala...and i hope to
see some of those photos (unless he's hoarding them for the coffee table
book g)

jeff

jeff