Old October 16th, 2003, 02:35 PM
none

Default Fishing Partner Needed - Miami

and a box full of spam?

I did not try to send a message to Dave at ( or even
verizon) but maybe Mark can reach you at that address(?)

Joe,

There are many ways to include an email address in a nntp posting without
exposing oneself to spam. The difference between Marks header and mine
is is obviously not a valid email address. Anyone such as
your self
should have enough computer savy to immediately identify the fact that

is not a valid email address. However it is highly unlikey that anyone
would know
if
is a valid email until they try it. In addition, I
am not the one
looking for a fishing partner in Miami, Mark is, therefore it might help his
cause
to leave a valid email address to respond too.

Contrary to what some people may think, email address's posted on usenet are
not
harvested by a room full of hired computer users who have no other duty but
read every post on usenet just to get email address's, rather it is done
with bots
that harvest the email address from the nntp post.

Therefore, at least two ways to make an email address available to usenet
users
without exposing oneself to unwanted spam would be either to setup a
temporary
free email account, that you would use short term, or camelflage your real
email
address by altering it so that the harvesting bots would not collect it, but
a real user
would be able to figure it out. An example might be (none at none dot com) ,
or
with a signature remark such as reverse south with
bell
to email me.)

No disrespect to you Joe, but your response was exactly what Mark warned
against in his original post. ( Anyone have any good, none sarcastic
suggestions as to how or where I may find some fishing partners for Dade,
Monroe, Broward county in Florida.)

Now it is of my opinion that if I was asking a group of people for some
help,
I would surely make it as easy as possible for them to contact me. I would
also
likely post the type of fishing I am interested in etc etc etc.

Have a nice day Joe.