Old May 24th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Conan The Librarian

Default Flys on a Lanyard.

"B J Conner" wrote in message ...

After the first trial there are a couple of chages to make, one is to get a
pill bottle with an attached cap. and to replace the mono with a single
strand of steel leader.

For my lanyard I put some of the little magnetic cards from the TMC
hook packages in an Altoid tin (adhesive backed pieces of
"bristle-tack" work nicely for this as well). I then drilled two
parallel holes in one edge of the tin and took some of the hollow
"craft lace" stuff and ran a piece of 50 lb. mono through it.
Threaded the lace/mono through the holes and tied them off, creating a
nice little loop to hang from a swivel/snap on the lanyard.

FWIW, I had bought the craft lace to make a braided lanyard like
the one on the FAOL website. Works great for that and it appears to
be the same stuff as the larger size "larva lace". So if you like
tying with that stuff and can find enough colors, you can buy it at a
craft store for $1.30 for 3 yards instead of whatever the hell
outlandish price they charge for the stuff through their company.

Chuck Vance