Old October 1st, 2003, 02:02 AM
rw

Default NASF Auction

Flyfish wrote:

For example, Muzzy told me
that it typically takes him 10-30 hours to tie a perfect classic that's for
display (as opposed to being for fishing)

Spending the better part of a work week tying one fly for "display" is
another one of those "collector" things that I just don't get. It's like
those astonishingly life-like duck and geese "decoys" that will never be
used, and are not intended to ever be used as an actual decoy. It's art
masquerading as a tool, and the result is kitchy art and an unpractical
tool.

Flies are intended to fool fish into biting. Period. Full stop. At
least, that's my opinion. YMMV. :-)