Old November 7th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Sierra fisher

Default Rod to buy

Most rod companies have a line of fast rods and of medium action. they have
at least one top of the line and one entry level. You really should cast
enough rods to know where you want to be. then evaluate the rods in that
category. I am not too impresed with Scott's new top of the line S-3. I
have the 4 wt and it is heavy, and worse is that it is top heavy; much of
the weight feels like it is in the tip. However this may not be the case
for someone else who uses a heavier reel. Their other lines, the SAS which
is being replaced, and the G- series have a huge following.

"Skeeter" wrote in message
om...
I am just starting out with the flyfishing bit and I am trying to get
a feel for the best rod, for me, to buy. My brother guides quite a
bit and he swears up and down by the Scott rod. What is everyone
elses take.
Skeeter

---