Old September 20th, 2003, 04:28 AM
tony

Default Tying flies

how true, i only fish with my own tied flies and catching a fish on my own
design is a real thrill although i am still a long way from catching fish
each trip im a glutton for punishment and persist
cos one day ill come up with that killer fly;-)
cheers
tony
"John Lindsey" wrote in message
Ed you probably got more info than you planned on!

Without repeating earlier threads, two more points come to mind.
1. It's more fun to catch any fish on the fly you tied yourself vs. a drug
store bought fly tied by some faceless/nameless person in a foreign

country.
2. It's even more fun to catch any fish on a fly you designed yourself.

If you take these two points building on the other posts and your common
sense you'll probably conclude that tying your own will significantly
increase your enjoyment of the sport.

Good luck!
John

"egildone1" wrote in message
I am thinking of starting to get into tying my own flies. I have found

website that sells flies for $0.65. I wonder if it is worth it to

invest
in
the fly tying equipment when I can get them so cheap? How long does it

take
to tie a fly after you get some experience under your belt? I would

think
even the simplest flies would take 20 min. or so. I imagine most who

tie
their own flies do it for the satisfaction of creating something of

beauty
and disregard the economics of tying your own.

Thanks in advance for the answers to my questions

Ed