Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:43 AM
Sierra fisher

Default Crab fly help

Yes, the material is rug yarn, and more specifically, Aunt Lydia's Craft and
Rug yarn. Don't know if it really makes a difference. Colored rubber is
available at most fly shops,
"Craig Moore" wrote in message
Greetings from London, England.
Guys I need help in locating the materials for making sal****er crab
patterns for permit flies

I need to make the bodies for the Del Merkins crab Bauer's Fur Crab and
McCrab. These bodies look like they are two oval shaped pieces of material
glued together over the hook . What is this material and what website can

get it from? I need it in tan and olive.

Also do you know where do I get the colored rubber to make the legs?

Any help would be fantastic. Could you e-mail me any info at

Have a great day, go fly fishing?
Tight Lines,

Craig Moore

---