Old February 28th, 2006, 06:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,misc.rural,misc.consumers

Default Fish Down Stream 3M Ssite On Mississippi River Unsafe

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

Here is my response to those that think I was looking at IRON
precipitate.*

THAT'S A HELL OF A LOT OF IRON! We're talking 1/16th deep LAYER of
this *stuff.* If it is human feces, it is _dead_ human feces, but
feces none the less.

You really in over your head here, most of the sediment in fresh water
lakes is plane old suspended dirt, if it was not there, you would not
have any fish in the water. Most of it is from ground run off, you also
will have quit a bit of microbial life, it's called the food chain,,
if there is any crap in there, 99% of that crap, is fish crap (yes fish
actually **** in the water they swim in. :-)

I hate to tell you this, but much of the canned veggies you eat are
grown with "dead" human feces, Delmonte buys the stuff from sewage
treatment plants,( I know this because I have seen their field injection
trucks (they have plows at the back of the trucks) loading the stuff up
at a plant right out side Gettesburg and puts it on their fields.)

Of course animal crap is one of the best fertilizers there is

I will need a biology microscope to investigate the exact nature of
the material collected as *precipitate,* or it can be removed, dried,
then burned and its' color spectrum analyzed for materials present. I
will never have enough $ for the spectrum analyzer, but I might be
able to borrow a bio microscope. I know human feces is composed 50%
by weight of bacteria. I also know what bacteria look like ( I
studied Invertibrate Zoology in college ).

Then you should know that all natural water is full of bacteria, it is
the basic start of the food chain, and it breaks down other organic
compounds, to the minerals that life needs to live in water

If the precipitate is organic in origin, I will identify it as such.
These things have cell walls, even if they are bacteria. Iron does
not have cell walls. If there are cell walls present, you can be
assured it is ORGANIC in nature.

If there s nothing organic in that water, then your lake is DOA

(*) denotes *you* plural, not Jim in particular.

There are many many communities that have fecal material in their
water supply. It is dead, but other things in there are no good. For
example, did you know that the chlorine that is added to water to kill
the bacteria often transmutes into chloriform? which is a carcinogen.

And furthermore, there is the fact that Lake Michigan has a deposit
underwater of the Highest concentration of Dioxin known on EARTH, from
a chemical plant that released its' effluent into the Lake for 50
years before it was shut down. EPA doesn't dare touch it, for fear of
putting it into suspension and disbursing into the drinking water
supply ( their philosopy is let sleeping dogs lie ).

And then there are the unknow contents of thousands of barrels of who
knows what that have leached into the soil along southern lake
Michigan from over 1 century of Industrail Steel Production. In fact,
during one hard rain which forced a sewage treatment plant in Hammond,
Indiana to overflow its' containment walls, the neighboring town
brought in earthmoving equipment and put up EARTHEN DIKES between
Hammond and their township ( hegewish ) so that contamination wouldn't
spread into their community.

You don't sell water purifiers, do you ?
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,