Old October 12th, 2010, 09:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
geoff

Default Got My Hat Handed to Me...

Sounds like a day well spent.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
BassHunter called me up the other day and invited me to go fishing in one
of his favorite backwaters. First thing I want to say is, "THANK YOU." I
had a great time.

He's got a smaller boat, and at first I was a little uncomfortable, but by
the end of the evening I was standing up and fishing just fine.
Surprisingly we got on a little bit of a topwater bite after sunset. I had
five definite bites on top, but only got one in the boat. BassHunter put
two in the boat on top, and several more on his favorite crankbait earlier
along with one of those big sunfish we all would like to catch when we
target those guys.

He easily caught 2-3 times as many fish as I did. He also caught the first
fish and the biggest fish. Cost me 3 bucks. Teach to me offer my standing
bet to somebody on their favorite home water. LOL.

No big fish, but this one was what I would call a solid 3. I think I'll
put this pic in the hall of shame as well. Poor guy has "Been fishing with
Bob."

http://www.yumabassman.com/bulletinb...php?f=4&t=4780

You know you are in decent company when you have a bit of adversity and
just adjust. We had a little battery issue so we couldn't use the trolling
motor most of the evening. He just dug out a couple oars and moved the
boat from time to time with a stroke or two. We took turns advancing the
boat around and it worked out great. I wouldn't want to fish a tournament
that way for 8+ hours, but for a few hours in the evening we hardly
noticed any inconvenience at all. A great guy to fish with.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com